Zoe Winther, founder of Pickford Media, talks branded video content – a massive trend that is continuing well into 2017.
In the video, Zoe covers:
- Branded content is a different type of advertising to the traditional TV and online ads we’re used to.
- Branded video content is more about the soft sell – it’s often relatable, funny and shareable.
- Branded content is story-based, and generally tells a story using the product being advertised. A great example of this is Dove’s ‘Real Beauty’ series; they are incredibly emotional and relatable, and we really only discover the video is an ad at the very end.
- Branded videos usually work in one of two ways: more broadly relatable, which are often funny and ‘edgy’, or on the flip side aimed at a very specific targeted audience.
- One of the main things to consider with branded video content is hitting the right tone. You must understand your audience and who you’re targeting. Remember Stoner Sloth? It just didn’t hit the mark it was trying to and became the target of thousands of jokes online.
- We’re going to see brands putting out more and more of this high production values, sleek branded content as audiences get more and more savvy and not wanting to be directly ‘sold’ to.
Hopefully this has made branded content a little clearer! Thank you for watching, and please subscribe if you’re interested in more video tips and explainers.